In the case that you have decided to quit with the IBA programme - this can have various reasons, for example due to poor study results, difference choice of study programme, etcetera., please complete the necessary steps listed below with regard to your IBA de-registration.

  1. Contact the student adviser to discuss your situation/ considerations before cancelling your enrolment (if needed). Click here for the contact details of IBA study advice.
  2. De-register for the IBA programme via Studielink and request of a (partly) refund of your tuition fee (if applicable). Click here for more detailed info with regard to de-registration and refund of tuition fees.

De-registration before 1 February?

If you consider stopping with IBA and de-register before 1 February, you will NOT be issued a negative Binding Study Advice at the end of the academic year (late August). This means you may re-start the first year of IBA per 1 September in the upcoming academic year. If you de-register via Studielink before 1 February, you only pay tuition fee until January.


DUO student finance

If you terminate your enrolment, you are not eligible for DUO student finance and travel product anymore. Please make sure to notify DUO yourself, as this will not happen automatically when you cancel your student enrolment.

For more information and conditions, please visit the website of DUO (in Dutch).


Non-EU/EEA nationality?

If you are a student from a non-EU/EEA country, please note that as soon as you cancel your studies at EUR (via Studielink), EUR will have to notify the IND and consequently your residence permit will be revoked. More info can be found on the following webpages:

Leaving the Netherlands? De-register yourself at City Hall 

When you leave the Netherlands, don't forget to de-register at City Hall. If you live outside of Rotterdam, you should contact your local City Hall for information about arranging your de-registration. More information about (de-)registration at City Hall can be found on this webpage of the EUR or City Hall.