How to get help
Studying with a disability might take more energy and time than studying without one. Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) takes into account impairments, medical conditions, mental health difficulties or specific learning difficulties that could have an effect on your ability to study, take exams, or affect other aspects of your university life. These can include:
- Visual, hearing or sensory impairment
- Specific learning difficulties (e.g. dyslexia, dyspraxia)
- Autism spectrum disorder (e.g. Asperger Syndrome)
- Concentration disorders (e.g. ADD, ADHD)
- Medical conditions (e.g. epilepsy, asthma, diabetes)
- Mental health difficulties (e.g. depression, phobia)
- Any other diagnosed condition which has a significant effect on your ability to study
RSM wants to support students with a disability to complete their studies; we offer assistance in the form of study guidance, specialized software or special examination facilities such as:
- taking your exams in a separate room with 30 minutes extra time
- offering exam papers in A3 format
- using a laptop to write your exam answers (except for multiple choice exams)
These facilities are provided by special request. Below about how and when to make your request, and what information is needed.
Requesting special exam facilities
Students with a functional impairment can submit a request via Osiris Zaak (Osiris Case) in order to apply for exam provisions. Your request can be submitted throughout the academic year*. However, keep in mind the processing of your request can take up to 4 weeks. Your dyslexia statement or other official documents can be attached to your request. Please check beforehand whether your statement meets the requirements of the EUR protocol.
I would like to submit my request now
*this applies to current RSM students. Prospective students can also submit their request via Osiris Zaak (Osiris Case). However, provisions will only be granted after you have been admitted to the program.
In the following video you'll learn about the procedure for requesting provisions:
Erasmus University: studying with a functional impairment (Team SMF)
On the central website of EUR you will find additional information regarding studying with a functional impairment. Team SMF can be contacted via email@example.com.
Students with a functional impairment are always welcome to consult the RSM student advisers for a personal appointment to discuss whether they are adequately supported with the offered facilities in their studies.